"When we die, we will turn into songs, and we will hear each other and
remember each other."

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Already Disappointed.

Anybody who glanced at a tv today knows that it was Inauguration Day. The day when the mantle of the presidency shifted from tired shoulders to the "shoulders of change." I am an Obama supporter and have been from the start. However, I find it hard to not be disappointed by what I saw today.
What upset me most was the fact that all of the festivities of the day came off like a really boring red-carpet special. I don't even want to know how much money was spent on the goings-on today. I also hate the fact that celebrities such as Ashanti were interviewed wearing skanky award-show dresses. This is an inauguration people- put on a jacket.
Our country is in a pretty serious bind here. We have money. . . or do we? I hate to think who could have benefited from the funds wasted today.
I still have faith in my boy Obama. I'm just sad is all.

3 comments:

Kylie said...

The money comes from fund raising...movie stars and Oprah and Bill Gates and people like that paid for it. Which, still, you know, could have gone to a better place I'm sure. But at least you can take comfort in knowing that it wasn't tax dollars, for the most part. I think the inauguration is necessary to keep the dignity of the office and also to celebrate the success of our democracy. But I can see where you're coming from. Don't worry, the party's over: now it's time for all that change we were promised.

Sami Bushnell said...

I love your goals... especially buying woman a big ring :) That is so funny, but i'm sure she will appreciate it!!

Amanda McKnight said...

Can I also mention the inauguration itself was said and repeated wrong and has to be given again. By the constitution technically Biden is now president cause he said ALL the right words. 3 president in history to accomplish that one.....