"When we die, we will turn into songs, and we will hear each other and
remember each other."

Friday, October 10, 2008

KySpace

I logged into my old MySpace account the other night and found all of my sweet poems that I wrote in 2006/2007. I thought some of you might like to read a couple so I think I'll periodically repost them here on my blog.
This one is my favorite one:

there once was a diver
who would fall in search of joy
only when he hit the water did he realize...

there once was a climber
who crawled in search of life
only when he scaled the summit did he realize...

there once was a writer
who slept in search of thought
only when he awoke did he realize...

...the diver, you see, found his prize at the floor
where someone had left it who needed it no more

...the climber looked down and he saw what he'd left
his climb was over. he took a clean breath.

the writer awoke and frantically scrolled
fragments of dreams that his mind couldn't hold

the diver cried
the climber died
the writer felt better, but kept it inside

1 comment:

Becky Green said...

I like it. It's one of those you have to read over again, and you get more out of it each time.